So last week I had a break in school. So me and Allie decided to go on vacation and we chose to go to Liepāja. It's in the west of Latvia. It was fun. In the middle of Liepāja there is a giant guitar and near it, hand-prints of famous Latvian musicians. By some park, there was a giant drum set! It was cool to see. And the leaves on the trees there were all changing colors and most of them were a brilliant yellow color. We went walking around at night, just going places, and there was this one car that zipped around the corner really fast. It scared the heck out of us. I think it was a BMW too! The hotel we stayed in was the Fontaine Hotel. We were allowed to make anything we wanted in the kitchen, so we did. One night, we made some weird bread thing that I thought looked like a tortilla. Then Allie was complaining about having a sore throat, and eventually, on the last day, she went to the hospital.
On the day before Halloween, I went with a couple friends, Ieva Slišāne, Anna Bluķe, another Ieva (I forget her last name), to a party. There, we met up with Jānis Ruško and his friend (whose name escapes me...), Martiņš, Gustars Šulcs, Napon Suzuki and Mint. We were there until 3am or so. There we danced, and played a card game called "We Will Rock You". It was basically a game of rhythm, obviously to the beat of We Will Rock You. You had to perform hand motions on beat to the rhythm, and if you missed it, the you would get a bomb card. If you messed up, you had to give all you action cards to someone else and then they'd have to perform their original action AND the actions of the cards you gave them. We piled them onto Gustars at one point and it was fun. After the party, we all went our ways. Aija said that it would be better to stay at someones house, and Ieva said that it was no problem staying at hers. So went there along with the other Ieva, made pizza, and tea, talked until 5am, and then went to bed. That same day, we woke up at about 11 or so, made breakfast and hung around for awhile. Then i decided to go home, after looking at Ieva's paintings and drawings (which were really good) at about 2. I wasn't home until about 5 or 6 pm. When I got home, i had thirty minutes or so to eat, get cleaned up, look formal-ish, and then go to another house for a dinner. We went to the flat of one of the acquaintances of my host-family. The flat was amazingly lavished! So yeah there we had dinner (obviously) and after, we played Uno after a little bit of playing on the drum-set their son had. I learned how to play the drum-line to "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Starlight" by Muse (just the intro/main part). So that was fun too. :D
When I went to pick up the package that my family sent me, I forgo to grab my passport...I realized this on the train to Carnikava... But I wrote down my number on a card that my dad gave me when he handed me my passport. So it was all good. Getting the package took like twenty minutes and I was using like three different forms of ID that I had with me, my California ID, Passport number card thingy, and my ISIC (International Student Identification Card). I got it, then waited like an hour to catch the next train to Kalngale. It is something I do not look forward to doing again in the future.
In school, some dude asked me to play in the school band. Not an orchestral band, but a rock band. This school doesn't have a school team, but has a school rock band?? Forši. So they told me to learn Dzimtā Valoda by Līvi. I will eventually. I just haven't found a good tab for it. So that's kinda it.
Hey, sounds that you had a good time. ;) Halloween here in Stuttgarth was fun, we scared a hell out of the children by just speaking Latvian. :D
ReplyDeleteAnd Dzimtā Valoda by Līvi. Nice, want to hear this. One of my favourite songs.
And one more thing, I am coming home! :D
Hola!
ReplyDeleteNice writing! Yeah, halloween was fun, I think, still need to improve on dance moves, though :D
I think I have the tab for Dzimtā valoda. If you still need it, let me know!