Saturday, November 6, 2010

November 6, 2010

I had a choir concert on Thursday the 4th. It went really well! Two nights before the concert was the last rehearsal before the concert and that went well cause we only did a certain amount of the songs that we actually sang. But that night, after the rehearsal, the choir teacher gave me about five-six songs to learn... I ended up not looking at them until the warm-up on the day of the concert. :/ But despite that, I was able to sing the songs!!! to some degree at least... and another choir came and joined us. That was what the other songs were for, singing in a collaborated choir. The songs we sang were: "Latvju Zeme Vaļā Stāv", "Miķeļa Tirgus", "Lačabērni", "Tiltu Zvani Dunēt Sāk", "Zida Sparniem, Vienos Pelnos", "Mosties, Celies, Strādā", "Mana Dziesma", "Saule, Pērkons, Daugava", "Tā Dziedāja Martiņš", "Septiņi Brīnumi", "Daugavas Kraustā", and "Garais Starpbrīdis". They were all fun to sing. :D The director of the school was surprised to see me in the choir. I don't know why, I told him that I joined the choir. Oh well. After the concert, there was a party in the concert hall. I went to that and it was fun.

On Wednesday the 3rd, Fabiola, Allie and I had to go to the Immigration Department to get our Residency Permits. It took a while, but at least I got to leave school early that day. I also brought my football to the school and threw it around a bit in the hallway on the fourth floor. At the Immigration Department, I noticed that the Missionaries walked in. They were from Idaho and Oregon, and they were getting a residency permit for their new companion from Alberta, Canada. So i started up a conversation with them, and then Ieva and Allie noticed, Allie got excited, and then when I had to get the residency permit, Allie started to barrage them with questions. Then, when the missionaries were leaving, the most senior companion gave Allie his personal copy of the Book of Mormon, in Latvian. So now she has one! :D

Yesterday, I went to a school rock band thingy's practice. Like i said last time, I am going to play bass for them. We are playing Dzimtā Valoda by Līvi. I didn't practice with them yesterday becuase I didn't know when we were going to practice and therefore didn't have the bass. I think Im going to use the four-string fret-less bass, cause Kirils needed the five-string fretted to record a song. (He is my neighbor who is letting my borrow a bass) But I just got finished learning the song today. It's very easy for bass. And next friday or anytime sooner, we have another practice. It will be fun. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment